Sunday, August 31, 2008

War Wounds: The Bike Ride

Okay, so I had never been on a "real" mountain bike ride before this adventure up Goose Creek Falls Trail. I'd only ever been on a bike on any kind of dirt ROAD a couple of times. What made me brave this I don't know. Just trying to keep up with my wild and crazy husband, I guess. Anyway, the trail was way too advanced for me. It wasn't too bad as far as climbing, but it was pretty technical for a beginner. LOTS of rocks, bridges, and drop-offs. Rick got a couple of pictures of me while on the bike, but he missed the many photo-ops of me OFF the bike. He was riding in front, so he missed out on the fun. Actually, I only fell off of the bike a couple of times, but managed to have a lot of very near misses, and I've got the bumps and bruises to prove I was there. Rick keeps asking when we're going to go mountain biking again. . . . I try not to laugh. Not looking too bad, right? Well the rocks on this part of the trail MOVE when you put weight on them. Will the fun never end?
Do I look a little dazed in this picture? Just trying to keep my balance.

Don't fall, Don't fall, Don't... d'oh!!

These actually don't look too bad in the photos. That's only because the giant bruises and swelling that came along with them hadn't had time to show up. The very best one we didn't get a photo of because it requires partial nudity, but it was a DOOZY. Hematoma giganticus on the butticus.


Hmmm. Nice legs. Maybe the jogging is paying off after all.