When I took it, I immediately thought of this one from last year: 
And this one from the year before:
See, the funny thing is, I'd swear that the bottom picture was taken just a few months ago, not two years ago. At least, that's what it feels like. And I start to think, as I line up these photos and literally see him growing up before my eyes, that time seems to be spinning faster every year. That I won't have any trace of my baby before long. That I need to embrace every sweet, innocent, joyful, funny moment while it's here, and not worry about whether his nap was long enough, or that he's spread his toys over every single square inch of the house, or wish that he'd go play outside in the backyard by himself so I can get something done inside. It's not my time in life to 'get things done'. I need to play basketball with him when he asks, and go for walks instead of dragging him around town running uneccesary errands. I need to rejoice in who he is, and give thanks that, with all of my faults and weaknesses, I have been given the precious opportunity to raise this fabulous little boy, and to do my joyful, level best at it. I hope I can always remember that. Amen.



